Mar 27, 2013

Help Wanted


I hate asking for help, especially when I feel like I/we got ourselves in the situation we need help with. But I am at a place where it's time to swallow my pride and ask for some help. I know some people think that us raising a large family has been our own choice and that we shouldn't have all these children if we can't handle them. Well let me clear a few things up, we were called by God to do this job and we our blessed to make this our life, that doesn't mean we can do it alone. Our family almost doubling this year was GOD'S plan for us - not mine!!! We don't have family to count on and I know some people will argue that is also our choice by moving away from and not nearer to our family but come on, they wouldn't be around to help us out anyways! I feel completely alone a lot and have no one to cry upon except God, sometimes I feel like he's not hearing me but I know he is. He has reminded me that His word says, commands us actually to help one another.

Hebrews 6:10
 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Phil. 2:4
 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others

Luke 6:38 (not just about money)

 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

and of course Matthew 25 

So here I am with 6 children and 5 weeks from delivering another. Normally I have plenty of energy to do what's needed and then some but this pregnancy has been by far the most difficult for me, not only am I older but I have 6 other kids that need me... every single bit of me! I have found myself taking shortcuts with things I always felt were important and have had to let some things go completely. I know there are people out there that I have disappointed and let down and for that I apologize. I am doing the best I can and I fail... A LOT! So I am looking at the things in my life and forcing myself to give up the things I don't have the time or energy for right now. I will not commit to doing things I don't know for 100% sure I will be able to do, and I apologize in advance if I have to say "no" to an order or a request. Most importantly I WILL ASK FOR HELP when I need it and PLEASE if you offer to help someone always follow through with it, you probably don't know how much that person might be depending on you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody...I just saw this post (this is the first day I've been here) and I think I understand at least part of what you're going through. I have 8 children, all grown up and raising their own families now, but I had 5 children in 8 years...the last 5. We moved about 100 miles away from everyone we knew when I was 7 months pregnant with our 7th child, to a small town, where my husband started his own business. I had to learn a lot of things the hard way, and having no friends around leaves us with no shoulders to cry on or arms to lean on...other than our wonderful heavenly Father...but sometimes we all need someone "with skin on." Don't feel like a failure! You are having to adapt to constantly changing circumstances, and from what I've seen here on this site, I think you're doing a great job...even though you may not think so!

God bless you sweetheart. I know that by now your newest one is probably born (if you posted anything about the birth, I haven't seen it yet) and I wish you and your beautiful family all the best. God will continue to bless you because He loves you very much, and you are loving Him and serving Him as best you can in the situation where you are. Believe me, He's not looking at you and criticizing you...He's looking at you with eyes filled with love and smiling.

Cody said...

Thank you so very much for your kind encouraging words!! It always helps to know we aren't in the boat alone.

Unknown said...

Cody,
Thank you so much for the scrubbie pattern. I do not crochet but want to ty and see how these come out for gifts for Christmas. I hope all is well with you and your family. I am one of 9 kids and if you were living near me I would be there to support you. Where are you located? Thank you so much for your sharing, you are so cafty and gGod has blessed you.

Linda Anderson